LIFETIME VALIDITY RT LICENSE
Who should attend?
• Those personnel employed by an offshore instillation (Oil rig), whose tasks require them to operate as a Helicopter Landing Officer during helicopter operations to and from the shoreline. This course is also designed for Radio Operators who are responsible for maintaining two way Aeronautical VHF radio communications with Helicopters during the transfer of personnel and goods from ship to shore (and vice versa).
Note – This course forms part of the criteria requirements in order for a person to qualify as a Helicopter Landing Officer/Radio Operator.
• Those personnel interested in applying for an offshore position as a Helicopter Landing Officer/Radio Operator.
Note – In order for you to be considered for employment offshore you need to complete a compulsory Offshore survival course. For further details on this course please call The Granger Bay Campus on 021 – 440 5715 (use this website as reference).
How often are these courses presented?
• The Helicopter Landing Officer/Radio Operator Aeronautical Radio course is presented on request, at a location that suits the needs of the client.
What is the duration of this course presentation?
• The course is presented over a 1 – 2 Day period, depending on the size of the group.
What is the course content?
• The course consists of the following:
1. All the theoretical modules as per the laid down syllabus
2. Practical RT examples which includes relative handouts with a quiz for each.
3. Plenty of classroom RT interaction
5. Theoretical examination (passmark required – 75%)
6. Practical oral skills test (passmark required – 75%)
What happens if I do not pass these examinations?
• If you do not pass either the theoretical or practical assessments, then you will be allowed one more rewrite with that assessor/designated examiner.
• Should you still be found not yet competent on the rewrite then you will be directed to another designated examiner for further review.
What are the costs associated with this course?
• Please contact Cornell-Joan Morton for information on costs associated.