• This course is for those who could be appointed as a First Aiders within the workplace. You will be first on the scene of an accident/incident rendering care until competent medical care arrives.
• This certification is valid for three years, after which a refresher course is required to remain current.
How often are these courses presented?
• These courses are presented upon request for a minimum of four candidates.
What is the duration of this course presentation?
• The course is presented over a 2 day period.
What is the course content?
• This comprehensive two-day course covers a wide range of first aid emergencies. The aim is to enable all participants to recognise when first aid is needed and provide first aid treatment at the scene of an accident or sudden illness with confidence in a prompt, safe and effective way, until the Emergency Medical Services arrive, if needed.
The course consists of the following:
1. All the theoretical modules as per the laid down syllabus
2. Practical sessions to increase your knowledge and competence
3. Plenty of classroom interaction
4. Theoretical examination (pass mark required – 85%)
5. Practical examination (pass mark required – CPR & AED, 100%; Choking, 100%; Scenario, 85%)
What happens if I do not pass these examinations?
• If you do not pass either the theoretical or practical assessments, then you will be allowed one rewrite with that examiner.
• Should you still be found not yet competent on the rewrite then you will be required to repeat the course at an additional cost.
What are the costs associated with this course?
• Please contact Michaela Kemlo for information and costs associated.
View our accreditation on our About Us page.